Two of the focuses of my blog are Financial Literacy/Money and Business/Entrepreneurship. To invest wisely, it’s important to understand where the opportunities are. Some environments are more conducive to business growth than others. Hong Kong is such a place. The following contributed post is entitled, Investing In Hong Kong.
* * *
For business owners and entrepreneurs, an overseas investment can provide a great opportunity. However, knowing what country to invest in and how to go about it can be very difficult. This also may be information you are looking for if you run a financial management firm and you are looking to expand your knowledge. No matter what is applicable to you, in this blog post, we are going to take a look at investing in Hong Kong specifically, so read on to discover more.
Practically all financial experts will tell you that once you get a bit of money behind you it is always a good idea to invest a proportion of it. Investment management is therefore crucial. This is all about balancing risk and managing your goals. Perhaps it is not your own money you are looking to invest and you want to get involved in this for a career? New England College has degrees in management and you can then specialise in investment management and financial services if you are interested in going down this route as a career path.
Investment management does not merely relate to taking out a piece of paper and jotting down some numbers, that’s for sure. This is professional asset management of various securities, such as shares and bonds. It can also relate to other assets, such as property as well. This management is put in place to ensure the goals of the investment are met.
But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, before you can begin to think about reaching your goals, you first have to decide upon your investment. Geography tends to play a massive role in this. After all, you must consider whereabouts is beneficial regarding property investment or what shares would be good to invest in. A good start place is undoubtedly Hong Kong. Let’s take a look at the reasons why investment in Hong Kong is recommended…
• Stable / efficient pro-business environment – After Finland, Hong Kong has the second-best opacity on a global scale. The Opacity Index quantifies the high frequency and low impact risks. This encompasses everything from the legal system to corruption to efficiency.
• Strategic location – One of the main benefits associated with investing in Hong Kong is that you will open yourself up to a wealth of different locations. Hong Kong is located in the heart of Asia and is a gateway to mainland China.
• Leading international finance centre – Hong Kong boasts diversified business funding sources, a sound banking system and a relatively big equity market.
• Low and straightforward tax system – In relation to tax, Hong Kong is one of the best countries in the world. According to Forbes, it has the third lowest tax misery in a global scale, and the lowest in Asia Pacific itself. You won’t experience tax on any of the following; dividends, capital gains, interest, offshore income and inheritance income.
• Freest economy in the world – This has been the case for over a decade now. A free flow of capital and information proves to be beneficial for many investment types.
• Competition – Last but not least, this is one of the most competitive locations on a global scale. It has been ranked third in economic performance, second in government efficiency and first in business efficiency.
Nevertheless, you should not invest in Hong Kong without the help of experts in the region. You need seasoned professionals who know all there is to know about the location. This is the only way you will benefit from the best advice and stellar information regarding investment opportunities. This is where researching online comes into play. You must locate experts when it comes to investing in Hong Kong, yet they also boast crucial knowledge regarding Asia and the rest of the world. This ensures you benefit from the full solution. Look for experts that are independent, forward-thinking and client-based approach offers a winning service.
To conclude, there is no denying that investing in Hong Kong represents a great opportunity. If this is something you are interested in, use the details that have been presented in this blog post to help you to get started.